Stay in Touch..Join the mailing list
Dan Doiron on Soundcloud!
- Nominated for 2018 Maple Blues Award for Best New Canadian Artist
- “Livin’ Centre Stage” nominated for 2019 East Coast Music Award for Blues Album of the Year. - “Livin’ Centre Stage” wins 2018 Music Nova Scotia Award for Blues Album of the Year.
- “Live Centre Stage,” is Dan’s credo of his initiative to inspire others to live their passion regardless of age or stage in life. On October 18, 2018 at the Start Up Canada convention at the Shaw Centre in Ottawa, he was honoured as one of the WISE 50 Over 50 award recipients and also performed at the event. The award recognizes fifty entrepreneurs from across Canada who started their enterprises after reaching the age of fifty, and celebrates their success.
- “Stand Back I Don’t Know How Loud This Thing Gets” nominated for 2015 Music Nova Scotia Blues Album of the Year.
- Twice represented Atlantic Canada at the International Blues Challenge in Memphis Tennessee (2014 and 2018. - Two time winner of Maritimes to Memphis Blues Challenge (2013 and 2017)
- "From Deep Inside" nominated for 2013 Music Nova Scotia Award for Blues Album of the Year.
- "Even My Guitar is in Love With You" CD nominated for East Coast Music Association and Music Nova Scotia Award for Blues Album of the Year 2012
Quotes and Press:
Dan Doiron's Livin' Centre Stage is the next, and best chapter in his already impressive career! From the opening, funky, track "The Next Lifetime Around" through to the beautifully, heart-breaking closing track "The Letter", Livin' Centre Stage showcases his talents as a smooth vocalist, a searing guitarist, and a songwriter capable of shifting effortlessly from the humorous to the poignant.A shoe-in come awards season, this is a must-have for 2018! Brent Morrison, Host, of The Rockin' Blues Show (Vancouver BC)
Dan Doiron's new release, Livin' Centre Stage, is his most outstanding project to date, straight up and hands down. From the searing, funky leads of his electric songs to the plaintive notes of his acoustic material, and from the insightful lyrics to the richness of his vocals, Dan nails it every single time. After decades in the business as writer, performer, music educator and recording artist, Dan truly is 'livin' centre stage.' Brant Zwicker At the Crossroad Blues Radio (Kamloops BC)
Dan Doiron is an old school rocker with plenty of new ideas. He's worked at his craft, developed his song writing and honed his own style over thousands of gigs. You can feel his life experience pour out of each track of his new album 'Livin' Centre Stage' on Earwig Music.The aptly titled CD combines focused energy with well crafted material, in which he rarely wastes a note in solos that always serve the song. 'Living Centre Stage' puts him squarely in the vanguard of Canadian rock-blues, the rest of the world would do well to quickly catch on! Pete Feenstra Features Editor and Blues & Rock Editor - The Blues Magazine UK
Dan Doiron’s musical mastery have him Livin’ Centre Stage. And that’s also the title of his dynamic new cd. It’s electrified blues with lyrics that make you stop and think. But not for long, because Dan’s music gets your toes a tappin’ and you just wanna get your dancing shoes on and go boogie. Ken Wallis Host of Blues Blast on 1015 The Hawk Fm and Blues and Roots Radio
"A perfect balance of talent, imagination and attention to detail, Dan Doiron knows the secret of living centre stage." - Terry Parsons (Blind Lemon Blues) CHMR FM (Newfoundland)
“Stand Back I Don’t Know How Loud This Thing Gets" is not an idle threat. It’s reality cause this is one hot, smoking album that sizzles with rockin’ blues. The album delivers its title with a vengeance under the expert guiding hand of Dan Doiron. This album is going to take you on a musical journey with his blistering guitar leading the way!” – Ken Wallis - Blues Blast on The Hawk Hamilton, Ontario
"With his 2015 release 'Stand Back I Don't Know How Loud This Thing Gets...' Nova Scotia's Dan Doiron serves up a blistering, funky, and melodic cocktail that proves once again, what Eastern Canada already knows - he is a Rockin' Blues force to be reckoned with!" Brent Morrison Host - The Rockin' Blues Show
"Every once in a while you stumble across a blues album that makes you wonder why you hadn’t come across the artist before. And with a title like ‘Stand Back I Don’t Know How Loud This Thing Gets’, Canadian blues rocker Dan Doiron isn’t holding back with his message. The 10 well crafted, self penned songs are full of deep grooves, subtle playing and thoughtful arrangements. Doiron surrounds himself with a set of intuitive players who capture the essential feel of his soulful, funky, blues-rock that showcases his melodic sensibility, lyrical ability and instrumental versatility. The title track for example, is a blistering big band arrangement that highlights both Dan’s ability as a guitarist, vocalist and arranger, on a tension building, riff driven piece that he resolves with coruscating solo." Pete Feenstra - Radio Host- Set Ready To Rock Radio UK Full Review
"Stand Back is full of big tunes, and a big sound, with organ, backing singers, horns, and even a flute solo, a damn good one at that. Plus, there's lots of Doiron's licks, bites, stings and leads. Originals such as Killing Each Other Trying To Get Into Heaven are filled with such fireworks" - Bob Mersereau- CBC Producer Full review
- 2017 Fredericton Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival
- 2017 Sydney Jazz and Blues Festival
- 2016 Calgary International Blues Festival
- 2016 Stan Rogers Festival
-2016 Harvest Jazz and Blues Festival Fredericton
- 2015 Smokin' Blues Fest Windsor
- 2014 Halifax Jazz Fest
- 2014 International Blues Challenge - Memphis Tennessee
- Dutch Mason Blues Festival 2013, 2012, 2011
- Smoking Blues Festival2013
- Featured artist at 2013 PEI Guitar Festival
- Featured Artist at 2013 Toronto Guitar Show
Mail: 606 - 112 Greenpark Close
Halifax N.S. B3S 0H2